23 July 2005

Yes, yes ... I'm still here!


[ATLANTA - 2200 - Outwrite Bookstore & Coffeehouse (free wireless broadband!)]


I rarely have access to the internet these days ...


But here I am!

I survived the temp job at The Mart during MARKET WEEK.

Up at 0400 or before each day ... with some days being 12+ hours!

Well, it will be nice when I get paid.

I took a few photos from the roof and the 22nd floor of the Merchandise Mart (largest of the three towers ... see also the Apparel Mart & the Gift Mart). Keep in mind these photos only display part of downtown. I did not get a shot looking North. Atlanta is so large & spread out that Midtown and Buckhead have their own unique skyline anyway.

See the pics below.

In job news: I have submitted applications to five nearby shops and a supermarket! Nothing to scream about ...

It's hot here. The public transportation system is useless. But at least people are friendly!

I did finally get a mobile phone ...

HURRAH!

That's the news, I guess.

More soon.

I certainly miss London. I try to make the most of my time here ... but I always end up plotting and planning my exit & return to the UK.

[*larf*]

Richard in Atlanta

East-view

South-view

CNN

Spaceship

No comments: