24 July 2005

Cowboys & Kisses ...


[Sunday - Atlanta]

Determined to go out last night, I finally persuaded my mate Jamie to pick me up and give it a whirl.


We first dropped by fast-food giant Krystal so that Jamie could grab a quick bite to eat. Suffice to say, Krystal is NOT vegetarian-friendly.

Then we went by one of the newer clubs in Atlanta, WET BAR, but nothing was going on there but the rent. It was all very 'Crickets Sing For Anamaria' ... but just the crickets, mind you ... nobody else came!

[*gasp*]

I went on to BLAKE'S (my old favourite Atlanta haunt) and left Jamie behind at WET BAR for the time being.

I eventually got a fab seat downstairs and watched the drag show on offer.

While enjoying the gyrations of the hefty men in dresses "working it" as they do, I met a lovely guy named Jason (shaved head, friendly and manly ... well, until that last shot ... then it was all booty-shakin' with the drag queens!).


After the show, I worked my way upstairs and bumped into my old mate [former best friend?] Kurt. His birthday is Tuesday and he was out celebrating with some mates from work. We chatted and did a wee bit of catching up ...

Jamie reappeared and asked if I'd like to accompany him and his friend to HOEDOWNS (the local gay country & western bar). I agreed but said I had to nip to the loo first.

While I was waiting in the queue, the lovely Jason reappeared and said he'd been looking for me. He gave me his business card and a kiss.

[*blush*]

It is very nice to be pursued ... especially by a handsome guy one already fancies!

But I was off to "the Hoedowns" with Jamie ... and it's so NOT my scene ... yet it never fails to amuse me (if that's the right word!). Two-stepping and hillbilly shenanigans do make me chuckle as long as I'm safely observing from a distance.

[*giggles*]

Nature called yet again and I made my way to the toilet. I bumped into someone wearing a HUSTLER t-shirt, similar to the one I'd bought for myself in London to wear to Siobhan's last gig. Much to my surprise, said 'Hustler' coerced me into dancing with him around the loo [!]. The two-step is not a world away from waltzing but the toilet, it seems, was no place for it.

Toilet_Time

There was no chance of me dancing in public view on the dance floor in a hee-haw stylee so the guy somehow convinced Jamie to dance with him.

Hoe_Hustle

As the spirit of Tammy Wynette overtook the room, Jamie quickly caught on.

Hoe_Twirl

I was happy just to watch, thank you.

Richard the Big Bunny

No comments: