01 April 2005

GOOD NEWS ... and bad news.

GOOD NEWS:

Although my temp assignment here in the MIS Department at Westminster Kingsway College (Victoria) is ending, I have been given a new assignment for next week.

Oddly enough, it's for Westminster Kingsway College but at the Soho Branch! I'll be working as a course advisor (which, obviously, must come with some training). Although I am not meant to be using it in my new position, I already have learned to use their enrolment software (UNITe). The pay is slightly less but I cannot complain. I am very grateful that I don't have to struggle to find a new temp job or do 'standby' at ROC's headquarters.

BAD NEWS:

I have received a letter stating that Nationwide is ''unable to renew my overdraft''. THIS IS NOT GOOD. My overdraft has been near its £820 limit but it's only because I've had no income whatsoever since last Autumn. It is ironic they pull this now when I have a regular income! Oh, it gets worse: If I don't get my account up to a zero balance or more by 05 April 2005 (two business days away!), I will be charged 24.9% EAP and may incur ''unauthorised overdraft fees''.

I am ringing them later. This is silly. I might have a MEGA-strop with them if I don't get my way. I will work it out. I will go into Nationwide and charm whoever I have to charm. If that doesn't work, I'll tell them my [entirely true] sob story and show them this blog!

BONUS WHINGE:

Things at Androo's have taken a turn for the worse. Not between Androo & I ... but Los Columbinos Locos have really lost it. This morning, Danny (El Bastardo, the son in this demonic duo) locked himself in the bathroom at 0610 and turned on the shower. It was still running at 0625. Then 0635. I couldn't hear ANY variation with the stream of the shower (it's a very tight cubicle!). Androo banged on the door at 0638 to see what was going on. No response. So I continued to sit there in the hallway on the steps waiting. Finally I heard him actually get into the shower! He got up before dawn simply to be an arse, make me late for work and exhaust the hot water. Thus, I took a cold shower and was an hour late for work. I am writing a letter to the landlord myself now. I remained shockingly calm and quiet throughout all of this ... but Androo lost it and screamed at El Bastardo when he finally emerged from the steamed-for-England bathroom (the ceiling was dripping from condensation!). El Bastardo responded with a heavily-accented ''fuck you'' and called us ''gay ... gay-gay-gay''. Clever boy, that Danny.

Richard

No comments: