01 April 2005

HOMELESS! Last resort no longer an option ...

Androo has told me (in an email) ...

''I think it would be better if you didn't stay here, for a while at least! I know you don't have anywhere to go etc.. But if the landlord comes back and you're still here I'm afraid he'll just go mad! At least if I say you left 'cos you didn't want to cause trouble for me after the mad behaviour of those two it will add credence to me and he might ask them to leave!''

I understand, of course, but I have NO IDEA what to do.

What am I to do? Where am I to go?

I have a new job on Monday and nowhere to sleep after tonight (I already had plans to be away tonight, thankfully).

When does it end? When will life let up a bit? How long do I have to suffer? What did I do to deserve all this?

In related news, I sent his landlord this letter:

Mr. Theo:

I feel compelled to write to you and explain why I have been staying with Andrew off & on and express my complete dismay at the attitudes of Danny and his mother Dio.

For the record, I can assure you that I am very neat & tidy, respectful of Andrew's housemates and am generally out of the way (in regards to shower time and kitchen use, for example). I have always waited until they are done before I cook for Andrew (something I do to show my gratitude) and before I shower (very early but always after Dio).

I am a bit bewildered by their attitudes toward me. There is no ''bad history'' to speak of between us. I did not know the rule about cleaning the shower but since it was explained, I have been wiping it down after every shower (And doing it well, I might add. It's a point of pride). I even went out and bought Dio a squeegee, which wipes most of the water droplets away before following-up with Dio's rubber cloth thing, making it all much easier. I was trying to be nice and helpful.

Other than one incident of dribbled sauce on the hob, that's it. In kind, I've cleaned their dried-on rice out of the basin more than once, for example. But I have had no other contact with them. They do not speak to me even when I smile & say hello (Dio does sometimes).

So what exactly is it that I've done to offend them? I don't entirely understand what the problem is and, given they won't speak to me, I am not sure how to make it better.

This morning's escapades really showed Danny's true colours. Up until now, I thought Andrew was just being dramatic about past events.

This morning, Danny locked himself in the bathroom at 0610 and turned on the shower. It was still running at 0625. Then 0635. I couldn't hear ANY variation with the stream of the shower (you can hear splashing & the like, had there been any to hear). Andrew banged on the door at 0638 to see what was going on. No response. So I continued to sit there in the hallway on the steps waiting. Finally I heard him actually get into the shower!

It is incredibly silly but, apparently, Danny got up before dawn simply to be an arse, make me late for work and exhaust the hot water. Thus, I took a cold shower and was an hour late for work. [I was, of course, concerned about Marketa and how she would manage with no hot water, too.]

I remained shockingly calm and quiet throughout all of this but Andrew finally lost it and screamed at Danny when he eventually emerged from the steamed-for-England bathroom (the ceiling was dripping from condensation!). Danny's response was a heavily-accented ''fuck you'' and called us ''gay ... gay-gay-gay''.

The question is WHY? What does Danny get out of this? I suppose they don't like Andrew having people over, much less people sleeping over. I guess THIS is what they wanted. I can only assume that they intended to push & push until there was 'trouble' so they could get you involved.

Are Danny & Dio the 'victims' now? Again? How many times have they done this? Do they like anybody? Are they aware that the other tenants pay rent and have rights, too? I am clear that it’s your house. The question is, are Danny & Dio clear on this?

I am 31 years old and this is not grammar school. If Danny or Dio have any issue with me, Andrew or any of Andrew’s other friends visiting, why can't they just talk to us about it? Why the immature antics & schoolyard silliness?

I feel very guilty about any negative impact this has on Andrew but I do not see what else we could have done differently. Andrew has been helping me out during a very, very difficult time in my life. I stay there sometimes because I literally don't have anywhere else to go. This is, of course, not a permanent solution (or even a practical temporary solution). But if Andrew & I can get on (having never had an argument) in a room that small with me sleeping on the floor, why can't Danny & Dio talk to me about their concerns?

I had planned on asking about some arrangement renting the wee room upstairs from you but I am not so sure now. I sincerely regret any bother to you and any stress Danny & Dio’s amateur dramatics have caused Andrew.

If you'd like to speak to me or meet me in person, please ring me on 07906 619 660. I can assure you everything that I have said above is the truth, as accurate as my perception can be.

My mother raised me to be respectful, tolerant and to talk about issues before they get out of hand. I am a nice, easy-going guy. Why can't we all just get along? I know I have no place there and certainly no right to complain but I did want to explain things from my perspective.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Richard Ian Tracy

No comments: