31 March 2005

LOOKING LIKE A TRUE SURVIVOR ... FEELING LIKE A LITTLE KID.

Sorry for the lack of an update. I've been busy.

Oi! I've been working!

Here goes ...

[*deep breath*]

(1) Been working at Westminster Kingsway College for two weeks as a temp in the MIS Department.

http://www.westking.ac.uk/wkc_website/home/home.asp

Nice people. Fairly boring work. This assignment ends tomorrow (Friday, April 1st). 'Twas a very long commute by bus anyway (no chance I can afford the tube before 10 AM).

(2) Still sleeping on Androo's floor most nights ... so no change there. There is a bit of impending drama, apparently, because I'm there. I don't think the landlord really minds but Los Columbinos Locos (a mother & son demonic duo) are in fits. I have been respectful, tidy & quiet (when I'm actually there) ... so they have bugger-all to bitch about! From what I've been told, they think they run the house and make attempts to control everyone who lives there. Think again, amigos!

For the record, Androo & I are still getting on fine. I am away at work all day and both us spend some nights away ... so it's been okay really. But it's still a floor!

(3) I have been social a bit more lately and have done some travelling. I went to Peterborough two weekends ago to meet an fellow OUTer named Gareth. On Easter weekend, I went to Bournemouth (beautiful place!) to see the lovely Paul again. I've also made a new friend I refer to as ''Irish Tony'' who works near me round Victoria. He & I get on well ... when we're not arguing about his 'sharp' sense of humour. Tony will surely end up with a smacked bottom if he doesn't behave!

[*giggles*]

(4) I won tickets to The Paul O'Grady Show with Boy George but couldn't go because I had to work. [*gasp*] I sent Androo in my place, of course! I did get to see it on telly though.

(5) The cheque for my first week of work for ROC never arrived! So, they are cancelling the cheque and paying it directly into my account (as they were supposed to anyway!). I cannot believe my cheque actually got lost in the post ... but I guess it *is* believable, considering how the rest of 2005 has been going for me!

(6) I finally have an appointment to get my National Insurance Number on Monday. Should run smoothly enough if I have all the documentation they want! Until I have that number, my wages are 'emergency taxed' at a rate of >40% (which I can get back at some point).

(7) Don, a friend from OUT in the UK who I don't see often, is taking me to see THE NOMI SONG next Wednesday. It's a documentary about the life of Klaus Nomi (of whom Androo & I are both fans).

(8) The ''official'' end of my course studies at LC is next Friday, 08 April 2005. I haven't been to college in weeks because of all of my back holiday time but I thought it was worth mentioning.

So that's the news. Sorry ... no time to be stylistic or clever today !!!

[*hops off hurridly*]

Richard the Big Bunny

No comments: