04 March 2005

Like a ROC ...

After three hours of testing and interviews, I was taken on by ROC, one of London's finest placement agencies!

They seem very keen to place me on Monday morning. I'll be there (all the way down on Bond Street) at 0830. That means I'll have to leave the flat no later than 0715 (shaved, suited & booted) to catch my bus. Conveniently, the same bus I was taking to my college goes there. It's actually just the next stop along.

ROC deals mostly with upper-level corporate work, which pays more. I'm likely to be a glamorised secretary or some corporate Big Wig's bitch-on-call. Sir, Yessir !!!

I got a call-back from ROC this afternoon but the job on offer was for 6 months full-time, which I can't do because of my visa.

DAMN!

I can work full-time but only for the next six WEEKS ... then part-time only.

So no job yet ... but I will be in their office bright & early Monday morning. Also, my other agency ''Orifice Angels'' is only three blocks away, so I'll be ringing them and letting them know I am closeby, available, ready and pretty ...

Toot-toot ... HEY (!) ... beep-beep!

8-)

Lest anyone forget that I am homeless in a week and I have about £10 (in toto). Despite this, I am surprisingly calm.

Richard

No comments: