21 September 2006

Camden & Soho.


[London ... the beat goes on!]


Met up with my mate Marc today after school (he's a teaching assistant) at The Edge, off Soho Square. To my suprise, most of The Edge was closed for renovation ... so only the downstairs was available for use (small!).

After that, we ran a few errands up and down Oxford Street. Holland & Barrett. Boots. Tourist tat. That kind of thing!

For my own amusement, I priced the Clinique Facial Scrub for Men at Boots.

* * * £30.50 * * *

That's about *four times* the price ($16.50 in the US) ... I nearly fainted!

Some things never change and London *is* the most expensive place to live in the world.

Keep London Quirky!

Still, walking down Oxford Street felt familiar and comfortable to me ... despite being a frantic stampede, per the usual.

Marc & I then took the tube north to Camden Town to rendezvous with Androo at The Black Cap. Androo had my UK mobile phone and I had several of his eBay winnings that had been sent to me in Atlanta. We had a LOVELY time sitting outside in The Black Cap's lovely beer garden. The weather was perfect and I got rather tipsy after a couple of Stellas (I'm a lightweight!).

Drinking Stella at The Black Cap in Camden ...

Androo went off towards home, as he was tired from working all day (with Jordan [Katie Price], no less!), so Marc & I carried on back to Soho for dinner. Eating at First Out was like seeing an old friend and the vegetarian nachos were comforting. Thankfully, some things never change.

Marc left me after dinner ('school night!') and I wandered around Soho reflecting and relishing every bit of the London I have been missing in the past year.

Kylie tat in the gutter?

After a few drinks at The Duke of Wellington by myself, I too decided to call it a night and return to Canning Town.

Better rest up ... Friday is "moving day."

Richard

No comments: