02 October 2005

SIX FLAGS WITH MY PUDDIN' !!!


[Atlanta - Saturday - Midnight]


Jim took me to Six Flags today. He always has season passes ...

The last time I was there was literally half a lifetime ago -- age 16!

We had a wicked time!

As a leisurely day out, we did not try to 'do it all' but rather enjoy the day and take it as it comes.

Our first stop could have been our last. I did NOT care for this ACROPHOBIA thing at all. It's not the height or the sudden drop, it's the tilted-forward seat that than tilts even MORE forward once it is up 161 feet in the air. I found it uncomfortable and worrying more than 'thrilling'. Jim says I cried like a girl (which I did not, thank you).

Melting in the sun while recovering:

6F_J&R_squint

Continuing on that theme, I also worried (and whinged!) a bit (a lot!) about the SUPERMAN ULTIMATE FLIGHT while we queued up for it. This ride also positions its passengers downwards, hanging forward out of the seats, 'flying' like Superman. As it turned out, I *really* liked it and thought that it ended far too soon!

Having survived that, we posed for what has become my favourite photo of us:

6F_Jim&Richard

Notice my weight-loss and the glow of love & happiness in my face ...

:-)

I found myself entertained by some of the locals, too:

6F_horsemeat

Jim was amused by this woman's questionable positioning of her ample equine winning. Practical if, perhaps, a bit unsettling ...

One of the biggest surprises of the day was at the FRIGHT FEST musical show. Jim dragged me in for a rest and a cool-down and I was SHOCKED (indeed!) when the third song & dance number was my dear Army of Lovers' WALKING WITH A ZOMBIE !!!

fright_fest_02

This was then mixed directly into PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (a techno remix) ...

fright_fest_01

Camp as tits but kept me smiling for an hour afterwards ... I'll just ignore how it all went a bit 'MEATLOAF: THE MUSICAL' towards the end.

At least all of the performers could sing well ...

Here's a list of the rides at Six Flags Over Georgia. According to Jim, we rode Acrophobia, the Dahlonega Mine Train, Ninja, Scream Machine, Superman, Batman and the Mind Bender.

The SCREAM MACHINE is still a thrilling classic. It doesn't even go upside down but something is very exciting about it. Perhaps it's because of the length of the ride and the well-arranged peaks & valleys. Or perhaps it is that this huge structure is all wood and could snap at any moment and kill us all!

[*fit of naughty bunny giggles*]

On our way out, I saw this:

6F_Richard_prams

I am not really sure what that's about!

[*larf*]

But it was a grand day out ... I had a blast.

An entire day of thrills & spills with my Puddin' !!!

Look at him:

6F_Jim_02

Handsome bugger. Words fail me. Jim is certainly the epitome of my type.

He's darn sweet, too ... and clever ... and talented ... just a great big ball of love & laughs.

I do love him so very much.

Richard the Big Bunny

No comments: