20 August 2005

I CAN DO BETTER ...


[Atlanta - 12 noon]


I quit.

Too much skulduggery ... too much stress ... too much labour ... too little money ... by a long-shot!

There was no balance to be found there for me.

I can do better ... and quickly ... so don't worry. I'll have a new job within a few days.

The restaurant industry is a dirty business (in so many respects) and it's just not for me. As a place to work, I don't think Agnes & Muriel's is any worse than any other restaurant. I do, however, think that A&M's gay-drama-bitch-factor is a bit above average.

Oddly enough, I didn't mind waiting tables or dealing with the public ... it was everything else about that job that I hated. I rather liked working the dessert & drink counter. Even running food (by far the most laborious option) wasn't awful.

My leaving really is about the lack of money, the stress and my not 'fitting in' with the staff ...

How politely phrased!

I'm going back to the Music Industry ... at least that's a dog-eat-dog stress bubble I can handle!

Call it performance ... call it art ... I call it *disaster* if the tapes don't start!

We all have our strengths & weaknesses.

Richard the Big Bunny

No comments: