15 June 2005

UPDATE: Knowns & Unknowns (!)


[A chest cold has kept me in bed & housebound since last Friday. I have not left my bedroom much. Yes, really. Timing, eh?
Thank goodness for broadband internet to keep me entertained & productive and for the bunnies outside my window, who continue to make me smile whenever I look out.]

SWEET_BUNNY


WHAT I HAVE SORTED OUT:


(1) I am moving out of Giles' N22 flat on Saturday, 25 June 2005. Hopefully I will be able to rally the troops and find two friends/acquaintances with cars. Big John in Leamington is coming down to help & perhaps I can beg/persuade/barter with Tony to help again! I can't express enough my gratitude in advance to anyone who helps ...

(2) My belongings will be stored at Walthamstow in Johnathon's loft. He is only a recent acquaintance but I am listening to my inner voice on this one. Johnathon is lovely & seems trustworthy and has a HUGE empty loft above his new flat. I will leave explicit instructions & backup plans with him on what to do if my stuff needs to be moved while I'm not here in England (supervised by Androo, I hope, as I trust him completely). I may store one small box of music memorabilia at Androo's in Mill Hill, as the contents are worth several thousand pounds (and that's just the cream of the crop!).

WHAT I HAVE NOT SORTED OUT:

(1) Although I must be out of the UK by Thursday, 30 June 2005, I still have NO idea where I am going. USA? If so, where? I really don't care to return to the USA but I haven't really found a place to crash[land!] in Ireland or Sweden. I have about 7 days to decide where to go & purchase a ticket. Crikey. Creative ideas & job/lodging offers are certainly welcome !!!

(2) I have no idea how I will pay for an airline ticket, especially if it's all the way across the ocean to the States! The mind boggles ...

(3) My last few days of lodging here in the UK will be spent with a friend, I hope. I haven't asked anyone yet (Androo will be away in Greece). I have two friends who have spare rooms who might be able to put me up for those last two or three days. Hopefully that is not much of a bother or burden.

(4) I am not sure what to do about my post. I must keep some sort of UK address. I am sort of at a loss there. Any offers?

(5) I have no idea what I will do for work or lodging whenever I get to wherever it is I'm going! Did that make any sense? Wherever I land, I'll be penniless & homeless but will need to start work and start saving immediately (!) to come back to the UK. Ain't that a bitch?

change_02

My sense of humour is in tact even if my body is falling apart from stress!

A big thanks to all of you out there (in the UK & across the world) for your words of support & encouragement and for helping me think things through & find creative solutions.

Richard

PS - Friday's blog post should be more festive & light. I will see one of my favourite bands, SAINT ETIENNE, at Koko on Thursday night. This is my third time seeing them, which actually puts them even with Boy George. Shocking!

No comments: