12 June 2005

The more I think, the more upset I get ...

[IMPENDING DOOM COUNTDOWN: 18 Days]

I have been thinking about storing my things and getting out of the UK ... AND I'M SO PANICKED & UPSET.


I really don't want to leave the UK!

I know that's not news but my thinking is this:

If I leave, I can only get my visa renewed in person via an embassy or consulate IN THE USA (after a long postal application process with the college & the Home Office).

Even worse, leaving the UK now will break up my accumulated time here (ie, puts me back at zero in terms of accumulating 5 years for residency).

Leaving now really will change everything ...

Sure, I could marry a boyfriend after 21 December 2005 ... but I don't have one! And even *that* comes with an 'application fee' and a delay for me (as a foreign national) ...

I need to go back to college to stay here! I need £1500 for my tuition & visa application fee and I need it immediately.

Brilliant. I've burst into tears now ...

I'll regret posting this later, I'm sure.

Richard

PS - Never mind that I cannot afford to fly to America ... where am I going to get £600 in a week !?!

No comments: