31 May 2005

WE GOT BUNNIES !!!

Well, no temp job today, despite effort. I was down at ROC's offices for nearly three hours on 'standby' but to no avail ... so I came back home and I finally went round to the Wood Green Animal Shelter next door.



My bedroom window overlooks their kitty sanctuary & bunny playfield.

wg_bunny_09

This pic only shows about 20% of the kitty sanctuary ... it's quite huge! It has many houses & cabins and loads of poles for climbing. And such a variety of puss!

I couldn't resist any longer ... I had to see the bunnies up close! I went round and got permission to spend 20 minutes with them.

This one kept bouncing back & forth head to toe and making me laugh:

wg_bunny_07

He's a lot more active than he looks!

The most active was the cute brown 'regular type' bunny named BAMBI:

wg_bunny_06

Bambi was my favourite. Very interactive, alert and interested ...

They all have spacious cages on soft, natural grass ... complete with clean water, food and ample shelter from the sun provided by boxes (they are moved to smaller indoor cages in the evening).

wg_bunny_01

I saw that poor fellow get pecked by a BIG bully crow from my window. He was hopping about and playing along through the wire till he got nipped!

This little guy looked more like a hare but was very relaxed:

wg_bunny_08

What you don't see in these photos is the obese white albino rabbit that was free and running loose through the yard. It kept mostly to itself though and preferred to rustle in the corner and play with its newspaper.

The shelter also has a charity shop directly across the street (Lordship Lane). I went in and had a look but will have to go back to give the CDs a really good once-over.

Not a bad day. I may not have a job or a visa but I have a smile ... thanks to the bunnies!

Richard the Big Bunny

No comments: