30 May 2005

LEFT OUTSIDE ALONE.

Tomorrow is the first day after the bank holiday weekend.

It's also the first workday since my long-term temp job ended and I've no new assignment (ie, no job).

Most importantly, it's the first day of the last month of my [student] visa.

No job.

No money.

Nowhere to go.

No new visa application.

Certainly no one to turn to ...

I do feel very much alone. I have very few friends these days (Androo, Tony, who else?).

I have acquaintances, more than my share of guys who want to shag me and LOADS of what I term 'social distractions' ... but not a long list of people who I believe actually care about me without ulterior motives.

Most of the people I thought were my friends seem to have either methodically extracted themselves from my life or have, discreetly or blatantly, told me that they will be in touch when things are more sorted.

Gee, thanks.

So not only am I having the worst year of my life, I must also face it alone.

I am not entirely unhappy. I'm still in London (though that dream is under attack, obviously). And I still have my inner joy. That is apparently inexstinguishable.

Richard

No comments: