05 April 2005

MUCH HUTCH & SUCH !!!

I saw two rooms today ...

One was near lovely Canada Water ... but it was a stank ghetto bit of filth! High rent and the landlord (a gay man with uncontrollable gas, apparently) wants a month in advance PLUS some sort of £160 deposit/bond or summink. I think not. I wouldn't have lived there for £30 a week (and I mean that).

Another option I saw was with a band of Antipoedeans in South Wimbledon (and SOUTH it is ... bloody hell, that's a journey!). Lovely place two blocks from the station ... wouldn't mind living with them at all ... but that's just available for three weeks at £60 per week.

There is still the Co-op near Stratford. It's very cheap (appx. £46 per week) but I have to interview and ''get in and get matched'' with the right house/group of people in order to move in. I have decided to do that but it won't be until the beginning of May (assuming I get in during the April interviews!).

So, in the end, I decided to ask Androo's landlord, Mr Theo, if I could rent the ''au pair suite'' upstairs just for those three weeks. It's meant to be £75+ per week but he met me halfway on the rent at £65 (shame ''halfway'' didn't start at £46!). Being the lazy fat rabbit I am, of course I chose the easiest option ... to, essentially, stay where I am and do what I know (same bus routes and all that!).

[*larf*]

Sorted for three weeks then! If I don't get into the Co-op, I'll do something else. I am feeling a lot more confident that I'll manage. I think I frightened everyone a few days ago but it was, indeed, as dire as I said. I was frightened myself.

But all is a bit better for now ...

And Androo & I get to be proper flatmates for three weeks.

Androo & Richard
Hurrah !!!


Richard the Big Bunny

PS - I am rather enjoying my job at the college in Soho, too.

No comments: