21 February 2005

WEEKEND ON TOUR: Making the most of being exiled!

[MONDAY, 1900]

Well, I'm back at the flat (Stephen's). I arrived around 1500 today to find it a smelly mess ... but that's no surprise. Suffice to say, I'm not cleaning it. I do my share but ... well, let's just leave it! The topic and the mess ...

What a weekend! I did have some fun but it was a bit stressful bumping from place to place while worrying all along about having nowhere to sleep Sunday night. Alas, it all sorted itself out in the end.

- FRIDAY -

Met DJ Bryan in the early evening and got checked into the swank Hilton Olympia (he lucked up online). His gig DJ-ing at BROMPTONS went well and I had a rather good time. Mr Big did show up and impressed me to no end with his big boo eyes, smooching and empathetic banter. All looked promising ...

- SATURDAY -

After about all of four hours of sleep, Bryan & I had to get up and check out. The train service to Brighton was partially disrupted and was replaced with a bus service ... so we took a bus (National Express) the whole way instead. Not sure we saved any money and it was MUCH slower than Megabus. We checked into our 'gay bed & breakfast', The Amsterdam, in Brighton (again, Bryan's online booking) which turned out to also be a local sauna (a general 'ewww' in my book) and bar. I was not impressed but the staff were nice.

REVENGE, the big gay club in Brighton, was fab! We got there very early and I was quickly bored, tired and increasingly bitchy. As people streamed in, I thought of just going back to the hotel. But then Mr Big appeared again! He did show up after all, with a mate in tow. Groovy, I thought ... for about all of 60 seconds, after which his conversation turned to "Look, I just don't think we blah-blar-blah-blar-blah ..."

I just glazed over ... I don't even know what else he said ... feeling disappointed but instantly a bit silly, too. Still, it was good to be reminded that I do NOT have any emotional energy left to even care and that I do NOT need to be dating anyone right now. Suffice to say, this did not enhance my evening.

One last hope ... a new online mate in Brighton from OUT In The UK (Rich) said he might make it out to Revenge. I texted him and begged him, more or less, to be the saviour of my evening. And he did. He even fancies me ... a great deal, apparently!

b&w_smoovie_poofs

All went very well from that point forward (except I did think it best to turn down his offer to take me home with him). Still, it's nice to be reminded that one is still a sexy bunny!

8-)

- SUNDAY -

Bryan & I took a walk on the Brighton pier, read the Observer and nearly missed our bus! But, alas, we made it. I began texting everyone I could think of about ideas or offers of where to sleep Sunday night. Stress & exhaustion took over on the bus: As Bryan slept peacefully, I was going into full panic mode. I eventually gave up and texted Stephen to see if it was okay for me to come back to the flat. He said it was okay but it would have to be after midnight. He politely offered that I could drop my bags off. Ta. So I did ...

I was SO knackered ... but I decided since I must go out & about again, I might as well look my best. I changed my clothes and gelled my flopped, sad hair. I took myself to FIRST OUT (the gay & lesbian vegetarian café/bar) and enjoyed a bit of their gorgeous nachos (the only good nachos I can find in London!). Another OUTer I know (Alan the thin & gorgeous) walked in and I bumped him and said hello. I sort of fancied him a bit ages ago but never got any read off him at all if he fancied me in return. He had to get back downstairs to eat with his mate and mentioned that they'd be going to the ADMIRAL DUNCAN for a drink later on. I said I might drop in (not really thinking I would).

After I'd finished my nachos, I went for a coffee at Café Nero on Old Compton Street and watched the gay world go by. Tiring of sitting in the window looking like, errrm, 'that bunny in the window', I took a walk around Soho, through several bars (never stopping for an actual cocktail!) and into PROWLER for greeting cards.

Bored and alone, I decided to pop into the ADMIRAL DUNCAN after all. Sure enough, Alan & his mate Steve were there. I joined them for conversation and a bottle of water (I was still bloated from my nachos). Hours passed and I eventually had a double vodka tonic. Steve seemed amused by my sense of humour but has a live-in boyfriend. He was staying at Alan's to avoid his mother-in-law for the weekend. As the bar closed, they invited me back to Alan's and said I could sleep in the guest room if I got too tired to come back here to the flat. So I did! They paid for a cab and we nipped quickly back to Alan's flat in one of the more posh parts of Docklands. I had a great time there and relaxed. Naughty/cheeky Steve was smoking hash-laced ciggies and trying to 'encourage' mine & Alan's potential romance, all the time being rather flirtatious (read: "high") himself.

Alas, I went to bed alone in the spare room after a bit of final flirting and further attempts by Steve to play matchmaker.

Thankfully, the good & kind Alan trusted me to sleep in late in his flat. He left me a note and a key to lock up. Thus, I have to see Alan again. I am rather pleased about that.

Now, back to reality! Tuesday will be spent catching up here and researching the 'agency' angle of employment. Wednesday will see me whoring myself about with various temp agencies. Wish me luck!

Richard the Big Bunny

No comments: