05 June 2006

100th_POST!


[Atlanta - Today really *is* the first day of the rest of my life!]


The time has come to move on ... to catch up ... to focus on the good stuff ... to have a bit more self-respect ... to get my ducks in a row for a return to England ... and to focus on making tomorrow better ... better for *ME*.

Richard the Big Bunny & Mistress Laura!

Recently, I have been going out with friends from work and having a grand time (not a 'gay old time', Friday night aside, but a good time all the same!).

Laura, Judy, Jerry, Josh, Wes and the rest of the gang are providing me with good times and ample distraction and I'm very grateful. I feel particularly lucky to have Courtenay & Stacy in my life ... who listen to me and provide honest feedback without judgment.

Levity is good.

Dancing out at MJQ and late-night nibbles after work ... they have even dragged me to The Clermont Lounge ('where strippers go to die'!). See all the photos by clicking here.

I am trying to reconnect with friends who have been neglected, too.

Daniel & I at Oscar's last month ...

My good mate Chris ('Hedgie') & his partner Cliff picked me up for dinner. That was a nice distraction!

I have even made some new local Atlanta friends on My Space.

Last Friday night, I went out with my mate Jamie (who I've known for ages and is one of the smartest, most aware Americans I know). We went to Oscar's (video bar). The 'scene' was all very mediocre but I did enjoy our conversation. We popped over to Burkhart's for a minute and even drove to Blake's. It was dead & ugly all round!

The most peculiar thing happened ...

When we went BACK to Oscar's (where I'd been drinking all evening before we stepped out to peruse our options), the doorman was gone so we had to 'ID' at the bar directly with the bartender. He refused to accept my bloody American passport as sufficient ID.

Yes, really!

No wait, it gets better ...

After walking back over to Jamie, the bartender then bellowed out, "YOU HAVE TO LEAVE!"

[*cue me looking stunned & horrified*]

It was like being under-21 again.

Ain't that America ?!?

A bloody passport isn't good enough to get a drink here.

My American passport ... not valid for drinking or abject poofetry!

I mean, I am hardly 'foreign-looking' and my passport certainly looks (and is!) real. You'd think I was mistaken for a 15 year-old Mexican girl or something.

I do not have a State Driver's License (it expired just after I moved to England in 2003) so I carry my passport with me instead.

Yes, I could get one ... but, for all intents and purposes, I am 'just visiting' here ... much like you would be. I have a temporary job and a temporary place to live while I'm here. I do not have a car. All of my possessions are in London and I have a London address. It is not denial or wishful thinking for me to say, "Technically, I live in London."

If you visit America, good luck getting a drink! If I can't do it well-dressed and with Federal identification then no one else stands a chance ...

Maybe it's my peculiar 'international' accent getting me into trouble ...

Does it make me seem suspicious to Americans?

Richard the Big Bunny

Too sexy to sit around fretting about ex-boyfriends!

No comments: