11 January 2006

LODGING NEWS!


[Atlanta - 3 PM - Wednesday - Eleven January Twenty-O-Six
]

I finally have permanent digs in Atlanta!

My stateside stately home! More of a plantation really ... <--(Not my actual house!)

Well, permanent till I return to London ...

I live on Piedmont Way near Ansley Mall (how delightfully gay!).

In a bizarre twist of it's-a-small-world-after-all-innit?, I already know my housemate and I have even been in this house before!

Follow along now: My new housemate is Martin ... who I already know through a former acquaintance named 'Johnny Rock' (I am in his old room). I have been to houseparties here before. Johnny is also friends with Rodney, with whom I lived (along with Ashley) in Chambodia.

What more, I am only three houses and around the corner from David's garage, where I stayed after my 'crash landing' back into America. I am also back on my regular bus route to The Fox.

Most shocking, I suppose, is that I'm living with a *CAT*.

[*screams like a little bitch & then sneezes*]

I am back on Zyrtec, which is over $80 per month in America (no NHS here, babe!). It seems to have done the trick though. Luckily, I am getting Zyrtec for only $50 per month and a few free samples here and there. Compare that to the £3.65 (about $7.00) it costs me per month in England!

Anyway, my housemate Martin is über-sweet, helpful and easy-going. He's also gone a lot. Martin is a trolley-dolly for Delta. Hurrah! Can you say 'Buddy Pass to London' ?!?

:-)

I am sure that will more than make up for life with a cat ...

Martin is not a vegetarian but seems to eat more soya than I do! He's spiritual and a Kabalah student (pre-dating the trend, as it were).

His incantations of Hebrew with a Southern accent *do* amuse me ...

[*smile*]

Rent here is higher than I'd aimed for and I had a tough time choosing between this place and a downtown condo on Highland Avenue at Freedom Parkway (sorry, Alex & David!) but life here is undeniably comfortable and familiar.

And that's the news ...

Kol HaKavod!

Yours with bunnyfeets,
Richard of London

Click here to email the Big Bunny!

No comments: