29 November 2005

Weekend of work. Monday of mischief.


[Atlanta - 3 AM]


Updates to this blog seem to be coming less & less frequently this month. My apologies! I think it's my aversion to dial-up & the evil AOL (back to Bryan's & DSL soon!) ...

My shifts at The Fox have been insane! I worked four shows on Friday, four shows on Saturday and three shows on Sunday. Damn those Rockettes! Up at dawn ... home at midnight ... kids & Xmas themes ... increasingly bitchy & exhausted co-workers ... not to mention the tips were rather shite, too.

Needless to say, I slept late today (Monday) and focused on nothing but my time with Jim.

Here's a snapshot taken just after he arrived:

Portrait

Jim & I got a great deal done in three-&-a-half hours ...

We went to Ansley Mall (the 'gay shopping centre' here) for practical reasons. After spending $15 on deluxe non-cow-gut soap, we had a quick dinner at Moe's (again!), nipped into CVS to get my heart medication and then to Starbucks for a coffee & a Xmas CD for Androo (by request ... it contains a rare Pet Shop Boys track).

We stopped by Walgreen's on the way home in persuit of a goatee/beard trimmer for me ... not to mention some festive antlers (about as Xmas as I'm gonna get) ... think Bette Midler donning reindeer horns as she suffers through an insufferable Xmas singalong in the The Stepford Wives: "Maybe I could use hundreds of pine cones to spell out the words B-I-G J-E-W on the front lawn!"

:-)

Our evening ended with the delightful-but-unmentionable ... I'm still all-smiles. 'Twas particularly good ... 'tis the season!

[*blush*]

Back to work tomorrow for six days straight ... two, three or four shows a day ...

Am I the only one who thinks the nativity scene could be livened up a bit ... maybe Jesus could pop out with jazz-hands?

Bah-humbug!

Richard the Big Bunny (with reindeer antlers)

No comments: