14 September 2005

I'm old. YAAAY ME !!!


[Atlanta - Tuesday night around midnight]


Tuesday was my 32nd birthday.

I managed to pull together a few friends for a meal at PIE BAR.

Pie Bar is a new hot-spot eatery in Atlanta that has taken up residence in a rather odd-looking Henri Jova building (formerly a Trust Company Bank) and transformed it into something a bit fabulous.

Very swish. Very now. Very gay. Very me!

32nd @ PieBar (e-size)

[Clockwise above: Kathie, Natalie, Rodney, DJ Bryan, me, my Jim, Gerry and Stephen.]

A brief introduction to this motley crew of friends: Kathie is my former boss from the Mart; Natalie is a former co-worker from the Mart; Rodney is my former housemate; Bryan is a client of Hasi Music; Jim is the guy I'm dating; Gerry is a friend from the old Wednesday Dinner Group; and Stephen & I used to 'do brunch & gossip'!

For the record, I had an excellent time and the food was fantastic. I even got a free birthday dessert!

A big thank you to my Atlanta friends who made it to dinner and to Jim for brightening up my miserable life immeasurably in a very short time.

My life is not fun right now but I do relish & appreciate these bursts of sunshine.

When I got home there was a gift and a card from my landlord David waiting for me on my bed, which left me additionally chuffed.

:-)

Richard the Big Bunny

==

PS - My birthday is shared with the late, great Nell Carter. Nell was not only a great singer & comedic actress but also a bit of a surrogate TV mum to me during many of my years as a latch key kid. I cried like a baby when she died in early 2003. She is sorely missed.

==

No comments: