05 July 2005

Miss American Pie has gone off ...


[5 PM-ish, Atlanta time]


Overdue update, I know!

From London to NYC to Philadelphia to NYC again to Atlanta ... now what?

America: There's just no pretending that I'm happy or want to be here.

Been in Atlanta 52 hours now ... and it's bleedin' hot, it is!

:-)

It's over 35c and as humid as humid can possibly get.

I am at the local gay bookstore/café ... it has wireless internet ... free.

http://www.outwritebooks.com/

HURRAH!

[*does a little dance*]

Spent my first night here with my old mate Christopher [''Hedgie''] and his partner Cliff in their new house in East Atlanta. Very swish, oversized and has a brilliant shower or two ...

[*giggles*]

They also took me to a Fourth of July BBQ hosted by some of Cliff's friends. There were fireworks after the baseball game nearby. 'We' won, apparently. A big gay time was had by all.

I am now staying with my mate/client DJ Bryan Craft in Midtown till Friday afternoon. After that, I don't know where I'll be staying.

No job news yet. Wherever I end up working, it must be very well air-conditioned!

The struggle continues ...

Richard

No comments: